- MASTER CLASSES AND SEMINARS in Universities and Music Conservatories..
This program is based on the repertoire of composers from the three Americas. Inspired by traditional rhythms, including composers such as Alberto Ginastera and Astor Piazzolla from Argentina, Heitor VIllalobos and Ernesto Nazareth from Brazil, Luis Cluzeau Mortet from Uruguay, Scott Joplin and George Gershwin from the USA, among others.
- “Musical Journey through Latin America” educational program
Polly Ferman created this program to encourage kids of Latino heritage to build a deeper knowledge of their roots and pride in themselves, and encourage children of all ethnic backgrounds to enjoy and appreciate these art forms. Classes combine performance by accomplished Latin American musical ensembles and teaching-artists with an interactive learning experience exploring the rhythms and melodies of Latin America. Programs vary from one-day workshop to twelve-weeks. Specific needs and lessons are designed following the National and State BluePrint Standards, providing the pre and post program activities to integrate into the curriculum.
For more Information visit www.pamar.org
- ORFF MUSIC METHOD
Ferman has been introducing the Orff Music Method to Public School, children throughout Latin America (including Uruguay, Argentina and Brazil) in a series of classes with the status of visiting artist.
- PAN AMERICAN MUSICAL ART RESEARCH, INC (PAMAR), New York City (1984)
Founder / Artistic Director . www.pamar.org
PAMAR a 501c3 organization founded in NYC in 1984 to promote awareness of and appreciation for the cultures of Latin America, Caribbean and Ibero America in New York City.
In this capacity, Ferman conceived and directs 3 festivals and 1 educational program
- THE LATIN AMERICAN CULTURAL WEEK, (LACW), New York (2006)
LACW is an annual city-wide festival which highlights the production of dance, film, literature, music, theater, visual and performing arts of the Americas in all five boroughs of New York City.
- CELEBRACIÓN DE LA CULTURA HISPANA EN WASHINGTON HEIGHTS E INWOOD (2012)
An annual Festival since 2012 created to draw attention to this part of Manhattan by showcasing the best Latin American artistic representatives, living in this area and beyond.
- SHALL WE TANGO NYC (2014)
Created New York City’s first international tango festival to promote Latin American culture through a series of world-class Tango events presented at New York City’s leading theaters and institutions.Tango includes dance, music, poetry, and singing. Shall We Tango NYC’s goal is to promote Tango, educate New Yorkers about the diversity of Tango styles and strengthen the community through the art form’s universal “embrace” www.shallwetango.com
- GlamourTango – A Celebration of Women in Tango (2008)
A unique all female international multimedia music and dance show.
GlamourTango was created by pianist & music director, Polly Ferman to pay homage to women in Tango. Since then, GlamourTango successfully travels international stages all over the world. GlamourTango It is educational and motivational: the ultimate homage to Women’s Empowerment. www.glamourtango.com
Aires de Mujer: The Musical features a stunning cast of female performers, composers and lyricists in an authentic representation of Tango from the Rio de la Plata. (Argentina and Uruguay)
The musical and visual feast was created by Polly Ferman,as a tribute to Paquita Bernardo, the first woman in the early twentieth century to play the bandoneon and to have her own orchestra. Though history has been capriciously elusive about female tango creators, Paquita Bernardo’s contributions remain too important to be forgotten.
- A leading interpreter of the music of the Americas, pianist Polly Ferman captivates audiences with outstanding performances of works by Latin American composers. Recognized by The Japan Times as “a Musical Ambassador of the Americas”
- Ferman’s tours as a soloist have included performances with prestigious orchestras around the world, including Munich Symphony, Hong Kong, Chicago, San Francisco, Sacramento, Indianápolis, Tokio, Philippines, Ukraine, Argentine National Symphonies, São Paulo, Minas Gerais and Montevideo Philharmonic among others.
- Recitals stages such as New York Carnegie Hall, Tokio’s Takemitsu Hall, London’s Saint Martin in the Fields, Buenos Aires’ Teatro Colón. Cities around the world New York, Washington DC, Chicago, Milwaukee, Dallas, Miami, San Francisco, London, Paris, Rome, Berlín, Múnich, St Petersburgo, Moscoú, Jerusalén, Beijing, Shanghái, México city, Habana, Caracas.
- Debut at Sala Verdi, Montevideo, Uruguay, 7 years old
- First Prize “Juventudes Musicales competition”, 9 years old
- First Prize “Estudiantes de Musica competition”, 9 years old
- Debut with La OSSODRE Symphonic Orchestra, 11 years old
- Piano and Music Theory Degree Juan Sebastián Bach Conservatory, Montevideo, Uruguay
Private Piano Coaches: Santiago Baranda Reyes, Uruguay, Celia Bronstein, Argentina, Eugene List and William Daghlian, New York.